Place the sensors on the bearing races in the vertical, horizontal, or both directions.
Coast Down Peak Hold checks for resonance during a coast down by holding the highest amplitude in a spectrum. When you shut down the equipment, the operational frequency may excite a suspected resonant frequency. If the vibration peak at the shaft turning speed passes through a resonant frequency during the coast down, the amplitude increases at that frequency and indicates resonance. Coast Down Peak Hold displays only the highest frequency in that range.
- Create a job or open Analyze from a route measurement point.
- From the Analyze main menu, press .
- Press Start or Enter to collect the data.
- Shut down the equipment.
- Press F3 Stop or F9 Stop when the equipment stops.
Press Enter to view the data.
One or more plots display after the data is collected.
- Press F9 Store Data to save the data to a route or a job, or press F8 Start to redo the measurement.