Mount two displacement probes radially 90 degrees apart. Displacement probes are the preferred sensor, and units should be displacement.
Orbit Plot displays the movement of the shaft centerline for orbit analysis on sleeve bearings. Orbit Plot requires two or four channels and the turning speed. If you use a tachometer, the signal is recorded automatically. If the analyzer does not detect a tachometer signal, enter a turning speed.
- Create a job.
- From the Analyze main menu, press .
- Press Start or Enter to collect the data.
- Enter the shaft turning speed.
- Press Enter.
- Press Stop to view the plot.
- Press F9 Store Data to save the data to a route or a job, or press F8 Start to redo the measurement.