- Complete or review the Job Setup option.
- Ensure the machine is shut down.
- If you use more than one sensor and do not use the CSI 2140 Four-Channel Input Adapter, ensure you connected the proper cables before collecting data. Collect the measurement for the appropriate input.
Follow proper safety and equipment lock out procedures when working around rotating equipment. Acquire data from the specified location for the highlighted measurement point. If you assign data from other measurement points to this location, you invalidate all calculations.
Balance main menu, press
for the appropriate trial run.
If you set up multiple weight planes, additional trial runs appear on the Acquire Data screen.
- Add or remove the trial weight from the weight plane.
For each plane and location in the trial run, enter the trial
weight location and amount on the
Enter Trial Weights screen, and press
If you set up multiple weight planes, press F1 Select Weight Plane 3,4 and enter the trial weights and locations.Tip: After you select the weight plane or location, use the up, down, left, or right arrow keys to scroll through the fields and planes in the table.
Enter Trial Weights screen
- If you set up multiple speeds, select the appropriate speed.
- Place the sensor at the measurement point location.
- Use the up and down arrow keys to select the measurement point.
- Ensure the machine is running.
Start Data Acq to collect data.
Collect data until the magnitude is stable and phase varies by no more than 5 degrees in the Data Stability graph.
Accept Data to save the data.
If you selected Auto for the mux option, the Balance program automatically accepts the data and moves to the next point when the phase and magnitude are good for 3 consecutive averages. See Set the mux option.
- Repeat steps 5-9 for all measurement points at each speed, if you set up more than one speed.
- Repeat all steps in this procedure for each trial run, if you set up more than one trial run.
- Press Next Step when you have collected data for all trial runs.
Enter to remove the trial weights, or press
Back to keep the trial weights.
After you complete all trial runs, an X appears next to the trial run measurement on the Acquire Data screen.