- Use a magnetic mounting base on the reference sensor.
- Use a sensor cable long enough for your application so you have some distance from the strobe.
- Set the CSI 555 on a tripod.
- Connect the vibration sensor to the CSI 555 using a power source, a data collector, or vibration analyzer.
- Mount the vibration sensor on a bearing housing in the vertical direction.
- Aim the CSI 555 at the selected reference mark, and turn on the CSI 555.
- Adjust the flash rate to the running speed, and set the CSI 555 to the LOCK mode.
Using the tuning knob, position the reference mark to the 12
Note: Do not move the CSI 555 between measurements.
After you set up the phase analysis, you can check for looseness, imbalance, and alignment issues.