Prior to disposing of the CSI 555, you must remove the battery.
Remove the lens, reflector, and lamp as detailed in
Replace the lamp.
Four screws are exposed.
- Remove the four screws to dismantle the reflector housing.
- Remove the four additional screws in the case half, opposite the input and output jacks, and then remove the case half.
- Separate the case halves and expose the battery.
- Remove the cables from the battery.
- Place tape over the battery terminals to prevent shorting.
- Send the battery to a recycling center or return to the factory.
- Discard the remaining parts.