Upgrade Studio is a PC application that lets you update the Trex units at your site with new/updated device descriptions, applications, firmware, and operating systems. You can download the updates to Upgrade Studio, or you can import the updates into Upgrade Studio from a DVD or other physical media, network, or local drive. (You can use Upgrade Studio with or without an internet connection.)
After the updates are downloaded or imported into Upgrade Studio, you can transfer and install the updates onto the connected Trex unit.
Upgrade Studio also provides a link to a website where you can purchase new applications, accessories, or Trex units or identify the sales channel for your area.
- Create and use your Trex online user account to activate the Trex unit, download updates, view support contract information, or access the online store, if it is available in your area.
- Activate the Trex unit. (Activation is required to install updates and access additional features.)
- Download new or updated device descriptions, applications, firmware, and operating systems for the Trex unit.
- Import new or updated device descriptions, applications, firmware, and operating systems for the Trex unit into Upgrade Studio. Use the Import option if the PC does not have an internet connection and cannot download updates. (You can also import Trex synchronization files or updates to Upgrade Studio.)
- Transfer and install the updates onto the Trex unit.
- Download and install a newer version of Upgrade Studio.
- View the files that are installed on the Trex unit and additional information about the Trex unit.
If you do not have access to a DVD drive to install Upgrade Studio, visit the support page to download the software. (http://www2.emersonprocess.com/en-US/brands/Field-Communicator/Pages/support.aspx)