Commissioning sets the fieldbus device address to a valid permanent address and sets the device tag to a valid string.
- You need to commission fieldbus devices first before you can use them with AMS Device Manager or with an FDT Frame Application.
- Fieldbus devices on a live segment cannot be commissioned.
- Launch the Fieldbus Interface Configuration utility.
Under the USB Fieldbus Interface icon, select the fieldbus device
you want to configure.
Note: A connected fieldbus device or segment should be powered by an external power source or be provided power by the Fieldbus Interface Configuration utility for it to be detected.
Optionally, select a permanent device address from 20 to 38.
Otherwise, the first available address is assigned.
Note: The utility only accepts device addresses in the range of 20 through 38.
- Optionally, enter a device tag.
CommissionNote: The commissioning process takes about 1 to 2 minutes to complete.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 for each device you want to commission.