- Click to open AMS Device Manager.
- Enter your username and password, and click OK.
From the Device Connection or Device Explorer view, right-click
the FF HSE network icon and select
The USB Fieldbus Interface icon then appears under the FF HSE network.
USB Fieldbus Interface icon in AMS Device Manager
- If you are using the Device Connection View, click the sign next to the USB Fieldbus Interface icon to display a list of connected fieldbus devices.
If necessary, right-click the USB Fieldbus Interface icon and then
scan new devices.
Scanning synchronizes the AMS Device Manager database with connected live devices.
Right-click the fieldbus device you want to configure and select
from the context menus.
Fieldbus device context menus
- Displays configuration parameters that define the physical attributes and operating characteristics of the device.
- Lets you compare two configurations of the device.
- Service Tools or Device Diagnostics
- Displays alert conditions. These include hardware and software malfunctions or parameters with values beyond the device specifications.
- Overview or Process Variables
- Displays the current output from the device.
For more information about the context menus and other AMS Device Manager functions, refer to AMS Device Manager Books Online.