The AMS Wireless SNAP-ON application helps you plan new wireless networks, and manage and optimize your existing wireless networks.
Before installing wireless devices or gateways, use the AMS Wireless SNAP-ON application to create a graphical representation of your site and identify places to install the devices. The AMS Wireless SNAP-ON application can help identify devices in your wireless network that may not be able to communicate effectively.
If you have already deployed a wireless network, you can evaluate its condition by displaying a report or diagram with key data, such as status, PV, battery voltage, and data reliability of wireless devices. With the AMS Wireless SNAP-ON application, you can:
- Create wireless diagrams using site images, drawings, or industry specific plot plans
- Plan multiple wireless networks on a wireless diagram
- Display reports on wireless devices throughout your wireless network
- Export report data to Excel spreadsheets, and diagrams to .JPG, .BMP or .CSV formats
- Ensure your planned wireless network conforms to recommended practices
- Customize communications range when planning networks, based on mounting location
- Enable or suppress status alerts
- Estimate the power module life of a device
For information on using and configuring the devices themselves, including gateways, consult the device documentation. Many devices publish their documentation with AMS Device Manager. Select from the AMS Device Manager menu to access a variety of device documentation.