Select a device on a
Select Items on the
Home tab or
CTRL+click to select multiple devices. You can
Select All on the Home tab or press
CTRL+A to select all devices.
Selected devices display a green border.
Do one of the following:
- To move the selection, click Cut on the Home tab, right-click and select Cut, or press CTRL+X.
- To copy the selection, click Copy on the Home tab, right-click and select Copy, or press CTRL+C.
- Right-click on the plot plan of the wireless network and select Paste. You can also press CTRL+V or click Paste on the Home tab.
- You can paste devices to a different wireless network. Select the wireless network from the Networks list and repeat step 3.
If you selected a wireless gateway along with other devices, the
dialog appears informing you that a wireless network can only have one wireless
gateway. Select one of the following:
- Create a new wireless network and paste the selection into it - if you want to copy the wireless gateway. A new wireless network is added to your diagram.
- Paste only the devices into the current network - if you do not want to copy the wireless gateway. Copied devices will be added to the existing wireless network in the diagram.
- Cancel - if you do not want to paste the copied devices.
- If you cut a live device, it is added back to the Live Devices section of the Palettes pane.
- If you cut a placeholder device, it is deleted.
- If you right-click and select Paste, the devices are pasted based on the mouse position.
- If you use CTRL+V or the toolbar button, the pasted devices are offset from the positions of the original devices.
- If a live device is pasted to a wireless network which already has a live device with the same name, the pasted device is added as a placeholder device with a system-generated name.
- If a live device is pasted to a wireless network which already has a placeholder device with the same name, the placeholder device is removed from the network.
- If a placeholder device is pasted to a wireless network which already has a device with the same name, the placeholder device is given a system-generated name.
- All properties of the original devices are retained by the new device except for the Device Tag.