- Complete or review the Job Setup option.
- Attach one or more vibration sensors and the tachometer to the analyzer.
- Ensure the machine is running.
- If you use more than one sensor and do not use the CSI 2140 Four-Channel Input Adapter, ensure you connected the proper cables before collecting data. Collect the measurement for the appropriate input.
In Advanced Balance Mode, the analyzer acquires additional data for the Balancing Watchdog data checks, so you may notice a slight increase in the time to collect data.
Follow proper safety and equipment lock out procedures when working around rotating equipment. Acquire data from the specified location for the highlighted measurement point. If you assign data from other measurement points to this location, you invalidate all calculations.
- From the Balance main menu, press .
- Place the sensor at the measurement point location.
- If you set up multiple speeds, press the key for the corresponding speed.
- Use the up and down arrow keys to select the measurement point.
Start Data Acq. to collect data for the
selected measurement point.
The Acquire Data screen appears. Collect data until the magnitude is stable and phase varies by no more than 5 degrees in the Data Stability graph.
If you selected Auto for the mux option, the Balance program automatically accepts the data and moves to the next point when the phase and magnitude are good for 3 consecutive averages. See Set the mux option.
- Repeat these steps for all measurement points at each speed, if you set up more than one speed.
An X appears next to the Reference Run measurement on the Acquire Data Select Measurement screen.