- Complete the Job Setup, Acquire Data, and View Balance Correction steps.
- Attach one or more vibration sensors and the tachometer to the analyzer.
- If you use more than one sensor and do not use the CSI 2140 Four-Channel Input Adapter, ensure you connected the proper cables before collecting data. Collect the measurement for the appropriate input.
Follow proper safety and equipment lock out procedures when working around rotating equipment. Acquire data from the specified location for the highlighted measurement point. If you assign data from other measurement points to this location, you invalidate all calculations.
Balance main menu, press
If you loaded the balance job from AMS Machinery Manager for a one-run balance, the Applied Weight option is disabled. Proceed to step 4.
Enter the amount and location of the trim weight correction for
this trim run, and press
In Advanced Balance mode, use this data for later reference and to estimate residual vibration.Tip: After you select the weight plane or location, use the up, down, right, and left arrow keys on the analyzer to scroll through the fields in the table.
- Press F4 Acquire Trim Data.
- Place the sensor at the location specified for the measurement point.
- If you set up multiple speeds, select the appropriate speed.
Use the up and down arrow keys to select the measurement point.
If you defined only one measurement point and speed for the job, the Select Measurement Point screen is not displayed and the data acquisition begins automatically.
Start Data Acq to collect data.
Collect data until the magnitude is stable and phase varies by no more than 5 degrees in the Data Stability graph.
- Press Accept Data.
Repeat the steps above for all measurement points for all trim
If you select Auto for the mux option, the Balance program automatically accepts the data and moves to the next point when the phase and magnitude are good for 3 consecutive averages. See Set the mux option.
Next Step to review the data.
Review the data on the Tolerance Check screen and ensure the vibration is within the balance specification.
If you have multiple planes, press Enter to view the Tolerance Check screen for each plane. The Acquire Trim Data step is completed.
- Press Next Step.
You must complete the Applied Weight, Acquire Trim Data, and Tolerance Check steps to complete a trim run and store the data to the job. If the X does not appear on the Balance main menu, the analyzer did not save the data, and you cannot transfer the data to AMS Machinery Manager.