The analyzer is fully operational during charging. As a best practice, charge the battery pack frequently. Emerson recommends you charge the battery pack the night before you intend to use it.
- Use only Emerson-supplied power supplies and chargers approved for use with the CSI 2140 and Emerson battery packs. Using any power supplies and chargers other than approved Emerson power supplies and battery packs could not only void the warranty, but will also most likely damage the analyzer or the battery pack.
- When charging the CSI 2140 with the battery pack or the battery pack by itself, ensure the ambient temperature where charging is occuring is 50° F to 95° F (10° C to 35° C).
- Charge the battery pack only in a non-hazardous area.
- Remove the rubber plug on the top of the analyzer.
- Insert the power supply connector into the analyzer. The analyzer can be powered on or off.
Plug the AC connector on the power supply into a standard AC
outlet, ranging from 100 VAC to 250 VAC, 50-60 Hz. A full recharge may take
The back of the analyzer may feel warm during charging. The power supply can remain connected to the analyzer after charging completes. You cannot overcharge the battery pack.