- Spot face or end mill tool
The spot face tool attaches to a standard electric drill and provides a machined surface that is at least 1.1 times greater than the diameter of the sensor. The spot face tool also drills a pilot hole that can then be tapped for a stud mounted sensor.
You can purchase the spot face tool from Emerson (MHM P/N 88101), or you can substitute a spot face tool with similar characteristics as required. Contact your local sales representative for assistance.
Figure 1. Spot face or end mill tool
Attachment tools and supplies
- 40-200 inch-lb torque
wrench with 1/8 in. hex bit
Suggested vendor: Grainger (P/N 4YA74)
Description: 3/8" drive inch-lb torque wrench. You can substitute with any torque wrench with a range of 40 to 70 inch-lb and less than 5 inch-lb increments.
- 1/4-28" taps and tap handle
- 9/16" open-end wrench
- 1/8" hex Allen key
- Wire brush
- Plant-approved cleaner/degreaser
- Plant-approved semi-permanent thread locker (e.g. Loctite)
For epoxy mount, you also need the following:
- 2-part epoxy (e.g. Loctite Depend [Emerson P/N A92106] or comparable)
- A212 Mounting Pads
Figure 2. A212 mounting pad
- (Optional) Grinder – to create a sufficiently flat mounting surface