When you connect to a device, the Trex unit by default automatically polls address zero and connects to the device at that address. If the Trex unit does not find a device at address zero, you are prompted to change the polling address in the device connection wizard.
If you change the polling option, the selected option is not saved. You need to select the desired option each time you connect to a device.
- Connect the lead set to the Trex unit and to the device.
- Open the Field Communicator application.
- If the Trex unit does not automatically connect to the device, tap HART.
- Follow the prompts to connect to the device.
- Tap Yes when prompted if you want to change the polling option.
Select a polling option at the top of the screen.
Option Description AddressPoll for devices at the specified addresses.
- Address 0 : Poll non multi-dropped loops. This is the default option.
- Address Range 0 to 15 : Poll HART Universal Revision 5 or earlier devices on multi-dropped loops.
- Address Range 0 to 63 : Poll HART Universal Revision 6 or newer devices on multi-dropped loops.
- Address 63 (wireless adapter) : Poll the default address for WirelessHART adapters.
- Address 0 and 63 (wireless adapter) : Poll address 0 and the default address for WirelessHART adapters.
- Custom : Poll a unique or non-consecutive group of addresses (example: “0, 5-7, 12”). Use a hyphen to specify consecutive addresses and/or a comma to separate numbers or groups of numbers.
Poll by the tag of the device.
Poll by the long tag of the device. (Only supported in HART Universal Revision 6 or higher devices.)