An FF HSE network component has to be present in order to use the USB Fieldbus Interface with AMS Device Manager.
- If there is an existing FF HSE network configured for another fieldbus device, you do not need to add a new FF HSE network component.
- You must have an updated
license file that includes an HSE license. The HSE license enables you to add
an FF HSE network component in AMS Device Manager.
If you do not yet have an HSE license, contact your Emerson sales representative and place an order for part number AW7060HSE.
- Click to open the AMS Device Manager Network Configuration utility.
Add a network component
Select the FF HSE Network component, and click
Install an FF HSE network component
- Click Next to proceed.
Enter a name for the FF HSE network, and click
Enter a network name
Choose to automatically discover FF HSE linking devices or
manually configure IP addresses for FF HSE linking devices.
Configure the network connectionNote:
- Choosing the PC NIC address in the Primary HSE NIC Address field displays the USB Fieldbus Interface and any local FF HSE interfaces on the network in the AMS Device Manager hierarchy.
- Choosing the localhost address (127.0.0.1) in the Primary HSE NIC Address field displays only the USB Fieldbus Interface in the AMS Device Manager hierarchy.
- Manually entering IP addresses displays manually entered FF HSE networks and the USB Fieldbus Interface in the AMS Device Manager hierarchy.
- The USB Fieldbus Interface does not support FF device alerts.
- Click Finish when done.