If this option is enabled, the Field Communicator application searches for and automatically connects to an externally-powered HART device at address zero and displays its device menu. This makes the connection process faster. If this option is disabled, the Field Communicator application polls addresses zero and 63 and displays the Device List, so you can select a device from the list or change polling options from the My Device Not Found button.
You may want to disable this option in the following situations:
- The Trex unit is connected to a multi-drop HART loop, and you want to configure a device at another address.
- The Trex unit is connected to a transmitter at address zero with a THUM adapter. Otherwise, the Trex unit may automatically connect to the transmitter at address zero, and would not allow you to connect to the THUM adapter.
- You want to configure multiple THUM adapters and do not want to adjust the polling option.
- Tap Settings or the status bar at the top of the screen.
- Tap .
- Tap Auto-Connect to enable or disable the option.
- Tap OK.